Fall Fest

Gillian Feehan, Campus Life Editor

Not even rain could prevent this year’s Fall Fest from being a success. Due to the inclement weather, Fall Fest was held in Gerhard Field on Sept. 13, as opposed to its usual venue on the Sojka Lawn.

Nevertheless, students still enjoyed plenty of entertainment.

“The rain and resulting change of venue unfortunately meant that the carnival rides and games the Fall Fest Committee had chosen could not be used. However, with the help of the CAP Center staff, a new set of inflatables and activities were selected to fill in,” Activities and Campus Events (ACE) President Anthony Carno ’15.

During the event, students were able to partake in many activities such as creating spin art, tie-dying, and playing on inflatables. Because the carnival rides and games couldn’t be used indoors, other student organizations such as Dumbledore’s Army (DA) and Black Student Union (BSU) stepped in and organized a wandmaking station and food eating contests.

Fall Fest also provided musical entertainment all day long. Ten different student groups took turns performing and showcasing their talents throughout the day. David Rapp-Kirshner ’15 performed as part of Manifest Destiny’s Child.

“I had a great time performing and being a part of Fall Fest. I got to feel like a rock star for a brief period of time before having to sink back into the mundane life of a college senior. The other student bands had fantastic performances, and I find it amazing that we have such a diverse talent pool at such a small school. I’m definitely hoping for future events to showcase the student music scene here at Bucknell,” Rapp-Kirshner said.

After their performances, singer-songwriter Andy Grammer took the stage and entertained the crowd for over an hour. Grammer’s set included his hit single “Keep Your Head Up,” along with many of his other songs and a few covers. Students had a great time dancing and singing along to the music of Grammer and his band.