Campus Vinyl

Gillian Feehan, Campus Life Editor

Campus Vinyl (CV) held its first registered event of the semester on Nov. 15 at Uptown. This event was a big step toward CV’s goal of bolstering the on-campus music culture at the University.

The event opened with performances by three student bands, including Buck’s Orchestra, a 15-member swing jazz band; Thought Police, a jam-band; and HMS Pinafore, a blues-rock and alternative band. Afterward, The Rooks—the headlining band—took the stage for an hour-long performance. The Rooks are an NYC-based Indie-Soul R&B group that formed at Wesleyan University.

“CV staff were ecstatic that 300 people came together on a Saturday night for live music. We will definitely have more of these events in the future. The feedback has been outrageously positive and CV is at a place where bands from outside of Bucknell are reaching out to us. We are excited to keep moving in this positive direction,” CV Treasurer Jake Perlmutter ’15 said.

In addition to the music, the event provided a photobooth and refreshments, such as a pretzel bar and free drinks anyone 21 or older.

“As a student, I enjoyed being around people who loved real music. As a performer [in Buck’s Orchestra], I was excited by watching others passionate about what we do. This event was amazing in the fact that a lot of groups were represented–Greek, GDI, rock, jazz, first-years, upperclassmen, and even that incredible guest band–and everyone was just there, loving music together,” Zoe Russell ’17 said.