Spring community service fair promotes involvement

Margaret Ekblom, Staff Writer

The University hosted its annual spring Involvement and Community Service Fair on Jan. 21 from 5:30-7 p.m. in the ELC Terrace Room and Walls Lounge. Many students attended the fair and walked around the friendly table-to-table set up. A wide variety of clubs participated, both old and new, including The Lewisburg Community Garden, Girls on the Run, The Nutrition Club, Student EMTs, Net Impact, Head Start, and The Ubuntu Education Fund. The spring fair differed from the fall fair in that it was held in two rooms to accommodate the large number of clubs on campus.

One aspect of the Involvement and Community Service Fair is to appeal to different Management 101 companies for the service project component of the class.  Management 101 is so well known to the Lewisburg community that organizations often have signs that say “MGMT 101, we need your help” by their stands.

“I am so excited to be a part of this fair tonight. Not only am I promoting my club, but I am checking out all the other great clubs around me. What I find interesting is the amount of new and diverse clubs on campus. I am a senior and since the time I was a freshmen Bucknell has come a long way in the amount of engaging clubs we have. I am proud to be a part of one of the newer clubs, Net Impact, and Bucknell Brigade,” Jenna Weaver ’15 said.