Taking the LEAD: Alumni contribution organization sponsors dinner to honor student leaders

Elizabeth Worthington and Charles Beers, News Editor and Assistant News Editor

Campus leaders were invited to the Weis Center for the Performing Arts on Nov. 10 for the third annual Student Leadership Dinner. The event was hosted by Leadership Education Alumni Donation (LEAD), a student organization that raises awareness for alumni contributions by honoring student leaders involved in groups recognized by Bucknell Student Government (BSG). These leaders represented several different groups on campus, including club sports teams, academic and cultural groups, and Greek organizations.

Twelve alumni returned to the University for the event and engaged in discussions with the student leaders. Attendees were treated to a Thanksgiving dinner buffet and heard speeches from Kit Allgaier ’17 and University President John Bravman.

“I really hope this dinner can become a tradition that continues for years and years to come. Bucknell is really special and is a community that doesn’t end after your four years here. I hope students were able to see this if they didn’t know already,” Allgaier said.

Amanda Besselman ’18 helped organize the event and considered it successful.

“It was really great to see alumni come back to campus and hear them talk about how passionate they are about Bucknell. It is such an important legacy to pass on to current students and future generations of Bucknellians. Every single one of us has the opportunities we do because of alumni, and that is very special,” Besselman said.

“It’s a pleasure to be a part of a club that recognizes the importance of alumni on campus like LEAD. The third annual dinner was a success with leaders currently on Bucknell’s campus. I look forward to many more years of this event,” Kimberly Gaiser ’18 said.