Bucky’s Declassified School Survival Guide XI

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jared Shapiro, Graphics Manager

Jared Shapiro, Graphics Manager

Jared Shapiro, Graphics Manager

Tip #1

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and with it comes turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing‚ and a big slice of pumpkin pie. However, if you’re looking to shake up your holiday traditions with a fresh Thanksgiving menu, follow Charlie Brown’s example: a dinner of toast, pretzel sticks, and popcorn is an equally nutritious alternative.

Tip #2

It’s getting cold on campus, so cold that you can see your breath even when the sun is shining and the sky is clear. As the temperature gets oppressively low, be sure to dress in multiple layers, even if they don’t match. If wearing a football jersey under a button-down shirt under a thick hoodie under a white North Face jacket means that you don’t get pneumonia, then it is a fashion risk you have to take.

Tip #3

Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Black Friday is lingering in the shadow of Thanksgiving, waiting to strike. If you decide to go to Walmart for incredible sales on an 80-inch television for your apartment, remember to equip yourself properly for fights in the aisles. Remember: Black Friday is not for the weak.

Tip #4

As we get closer to the end of the semester, we start to realize all of the course requirements mentioned on the first day of class that we still haven’t done. Who knew that we had to send in a weekly journal that counts for 25 percent of our final grade? You may be stressed, but don’t worry. There’s always next semester.

Tip #5

“We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” – Leslie Knope