Students Win Big at Bingo Blingo

Courtney Wren, Campus Life Editor

Activities and Campus Events (ACE) hosted Bingo Blingo on Jan. 22, welcoming students back to campus with food and fun prizes. Eager students crowded Bostwick Marketplace in the hopes that they would be the lucky winners of big prizes, including a Keurig, Fitbit, North Face backpack, and a 32’’ TV.

Despite the cold weather, approximately 300 students were in attendance to ring in the new semester.

“Everyone seemed to be in really high spirits,” Denver Freeman ’17 said. “When someone would win the whole table they were sitting at would celebrate!”

Freeman was one of the many students who tried his luck at bingo and came away successful.

“I never thought the odds would be in my favor with such a big turnout. I guess I just have a knack for bingo,” Freeman said.

Stephen Mayer ’19 was the bingo caller for the event, assisted by Sara Palombo ’17 and Emily Vislosky ’18.

“Blingo is a tradition here at the University, one I was honored to be a part of again this semester. However, winning was secondary to spending the night in fierce competition. Bingo brings out the best in all of us,” Sam Jacobson ’17, one of the winners of the night, said. 

ACE’s next event, Casino Night, is scheduled for Jan29 at 9 p.m. at Uptown. Casino Night offers students yet another chance to win great prizes through raffle baskets.