Documentation confirms Presidential birth in the U.S.

By Pranav Sehgal

Opinions Editor

Recently, the White House released an official version of President Obama’s birth certificate after Donald Trump, a prospective Republican Party Presidential candidate, had questioned whether or not President Obama was born in the United States.

Obama, sounding greatly annoyed and troubled by these claims, said at the White House, “We do not have time for this kind of silliness. We’ve got better stuff to do. I’ve got better stuff to do. We’ve got big problems to solve.”

Trump, speaking in New Hampshire, said that he was “really happy” that this had taken place and was “ready to debate on other issues.”

The document that the White House released proves that he indeed born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961. “The president believed the distraction over his birth certificate wasn’t good for the country. It may have been good politics and good TV, but it was bad for the American people,” an Obama spokesperson said. President Obama traveled to Hawaii specifically to pick up the birth certificate.

I believe that this whole argument about President Obama’s birth certificate is nonsense. Not only has he been President for the past two years but also a shorter version of his birth certificate had already been released earlier this year.

Still, many Americans remain skeptical about Obama’s birthplace. According to a USA Today/Gallup poll, “only 38 percent of Americans are positive that Obama was born in the U.S., while 15 percent think he was probably born elsewhere.”

This statistic is outrageous because not only does it show a complete disregard for our whole government, but has racial undertones.

Many believe that those who don’t think President Obama was born in the United States may be prejudiced.

Now that the official copy of President Obama’s birth certificate have been released, I hope this birther debate will stop because our country truly does have more pressing and important matters to be concerned with.