Men’s and women’s T&F season review

Clay Myers, Contributing Writer

Bison athletics is buzzing this spring semester as every athletic team will actively compete on campus. One bright spot amongst the hectic atmosphere will be men’s and women’s track and field, as they plan on starting out even faster and stronger than they were last year when the season came to an unexpected end.

While the men’s team is facing he loss of graduated award winners such as Stefon Moore-Greene ’20 and Jeff Brown ’20, Nicholas Marino ’21 is coming off a great junior year and will most certainly be a shining star in the pole vault competition. Marino finished All-East in pole vault after finishing in fifth place at the IC4A Championships. Setting a personal-best of 16-8.75 and finishing in second at the 2020 Patriot League Indoor Championships, Marino has no limit for the 2021 spring season.

Gianna Macones ’22 is looking to perform at a high level during the spring 2021 season as well to build upon her four top ten career Patriot League Championship Finishes. Competing in hurdles, sprints, and jumps, there will be a handful of chances for Macones to find her way on the pedestal. Macones highest Patriot League Championship finishes all stem from jumps including the long jump and triple jump.

“Despite the fact that we’ve run into some roadblocks along the way this past year, our team is staying as resilient as ever and we’re ready to compete,” Aidan Krombolz ’21 said.

2021 is a new year as both Men’s and Women’s Track and Field plan on competing this spring in their first intersquad competition on Feb. 14 and their first Patriot League competition on Feb. 21 against Lehigh at home in the Gerhard Fieldhouse.