Bison men’s soccer comes to a close

Emily Doyle, Senior Writer

The Bison men’s soccer season has come to a close. The Orange and Blue finished their season with a home game on Emmitt Field against Loyola University Maryland. Loyola came out on top with a 2-1 victory over the Bison on Saturday, April 10.

The Bison’s last game was also a time to celebrate the seniors that have put a lot of time and effort into this program. The seniors on the team are: Stefan Gollisz, Kevin Gulizio, Eamon O’Connor, Matt Thorsheim, Cody Wax and Trevor Wiggins.

“In an unprecedented and shortened season, the coaching staff and the current seniors did an outstanding job with fulfilling their leadership positions by keeping a positive mindset throughout the team. Despite not advancing to the Patriot League tournament, the Spring season was filled with a lot of positives that we can build from into our upcoming Fall season,” Jacob Mittman ’22 said.

The Bison were able to get on the board at the 68th minute when Collin Murphy ’24 assisted the goal from Sebastian Paz ’24. This is the first career point for both freshmen.  “It was the best feeling in the world and it was amazing scoring in front of all of my friends. Also, I thought we worked very hard this season and left everything on the field after every game. It didn’t turn out as good as we expected, but we’ll be back stronger next year,” Paz said.

The Bison closed the season with a 1-4-1 record. Good luck to all the seniors in their future endeavors.