Women’s golf finishes in fourth at Patriot League Championships

Leah Fogelsanger, Sports Co-Editor

This past weekend, the Bison women’s golf team competed in the 2021 Patriot League Championships in Bethlehem, Pa. at the Saucon Valley Country Club. The Bison finished in fourth place with a 54-hole total of 953.

Casey Morrow ’21 and Tatum McKelvey ’23 led the Bison on Sunday with scores of 77 as the team posted its best score of the weekend with a 313 in the final round. Both the senior and sophomore moved into the top 15 with their Sunday scores of 77, with Morrow finishing 13th and McKelvey tying for 15th. 

Other notable performances came from Cristina Canales ’24 who closed the tournament with a 78. This score made her the Bison’s low player for the championship. Canales tied for 11th place with a total of 236, but unfortunately missed earning All-Patriot League honors by just one stroke. 

The Orange and Blue also saw Kelsey Yi ’24 posting an 81, Erin Holmes ’21 with an 82 and Morgan Hennessy ’22 with an 89. Morrow, Canales and McKelvey combined for the Bison’s eight birdies on Sunday with two apiece. 

The field was rounded out by Navy taking the top title with a 305 team score, followed by Boston with 307, Richmond in third at 932, the Bison (953), Lehigh (993) and Holy Cross (1055).