Bison take down the Mountain Hawks at home

Morgan Sohosky, Contributing Writer

The Bison men’s golf team stayed home this weekend to take on the Lehigh Mountain Hawks in a close dual match. There was good weather for the 18-hole event; sunny and 65 degrees with little to no wind. This was very fortunate for the Bison being that the majority of their season has been in both cold and windy weather.

With the play-6, count-4 format, the Bison had Chris Tanabe ’21, Jason Lohwater ’22, Jack Gardener ’23, Josh Holtschlag ’23, Jackson Bussell ’23 and Blake Wisdom ’23 playing for the team along with Dylan Ford ’22 and Max Orwicz ’24 playing individually. Wisdom mentioned that his favorite part from the weekend was “playing against our rival and winning! It was a blast getting to play with one of my teammates and having some students watch us!”

Bussell, Wisdom and Tanabe, the Bison’s best from this match, all came in with 72s. Holtschlag and Lohwater came in right behind with 73s and following was Jack Gardener who carded a 76 on the day. Ford and Orwicz shot 76 and 83, respectively. As for Lehigh, their top three players came in with 73s and their fourth player carded a 75.

The Bison will travel to Annapolis, Md. to play in the Patriot League Championship hosted by Navy this coming weekend, May 1 and 2. This tournament consists of 54 holes, with 36 of them being the first day.