Pete Davidson draws a large crowd at Sojka 

Ellie Lowe, Staff Writer

This past Sunday, Bucknell welcomed actor and comedian Pete Davidson for a Question & Answer session at Sojka Pavilion, organized through the CAP Center. 

Davidson is well known for his role on the late-night comedy sketch show Saturday Night Live as well as his acting and stand-up comedy performances. 

Davidson was joined on stage by Abby Neff ‘22 who acted as the moderator for the night, but the Lectureship Committee was tasked with the planning of the night. 

The questions she asked were pre-submitted questions from students that ranged from “Who is your favorite person to collaborate with?” to “What is your Chipotle order?” 

Some other topics of discussion were the location of the university, Davidson’s favorite works and his interactions with other comedians. Davidson sprinkled many anecdotes and jokes into his responses.

“The Lectureship Committee gave me a list of questions that students submitted,” said Neff. “I also submitted my own questions. I had the list on stage but he was making great eye contact, so I wasn’t able to look down to read it.”

Although there wasn’t much interaction between Davidson and the crowd, the conversation between Davidson and Neff flowed nicely. 

Neff said, “Pete Davidson was very nice and very chill. I was able to be in his green room backstage before the show with all of his friends and him. They were watching football and joking around about what they did that week and how SNL went the previous night.” 

“My favorite part of the experience was being able to meet Pete Davidson and go back and forth with him on stage. It was crazy being able to meet a comedian as high profile as him,” said Neff. 

Students present seemed to enjoy hearing him speak, with the crowd laughing frequently at his jokes and stories.

“It was funny, and I liked to learn about the projects he’s learning on, like his new show,” said Michael Schwarz ‘23.

“Pete was really funny and it was a really nice way to end the first week of classes,” said Gracie Mitchell ‘23.