Womens Basketball Dominates Loyola on the Road

Rylee Donaldson, Contributing Writer

The Orange and Blue secured a win in their second road game of the week this past Saturday. The Bison defeated the Greyhounds 60-45. Four Bison scored points in double figures, with Carly Krsul ’23 with a team high 14 points. Krsul was 5-6 on the night. She also added five rebounds, four blocks, a steal, and an assist. The win added to Bucknell’s 15-5 overall record and Patriot League record of 6-3.

Sophomore Julie Kulesza knocked down three shots from beyond the arc and scored a career-high 11 points. Another rookie, Isabella King ’25, also contributed a career high with 10 points. Ceceilia Collins ’25 added more double-digit points with 11 and contributed four assists and five rebounds.

The Orange and Blue capitalized on the Greyhounds’ many turnovers. The Bison scored 21 points off of 19 Greyhound turnovers and added 17 assists. The Orange and Blue also dominated the paint outsourcing the Greyhounds 28-12. The Bison had a very active bench who scored 35 points in the dominating victory. 

The Bison were 21-of-44 (47.7 percent) and added 7 three-point shots, while the Greyhounds faced a 15-42 (34.9 percent). The Orange and Blue took an early lead by forcing seven turnovers in the first quarter and holding the Greyhounds to 2-of-9. The Bison were 7-of-16 in the first quarter. This solid opening quarter gave the Bison the early lead they needed to help secure the game.

The Orange and Blue kept the lead for the remainder of the game. The Greyhounds had a 7-0 run that cut the lead to 15 points, but that was the closest they got. This is the eighth time this season that the Bison have held their opponent to under 50 points. 

Senior Marly Walls said, “I am super proud of the way our team is playing right now. The bench stepped up big in this game when we needed them to, and it just shows how well rounded we are. Our chemistry is great, and everything seems to be clicking. We are excited to keep working and improving.” 

The Orange and Blue return home to Sojka Pavilion on Wednesday, Feb. 2 to host Boston University at 6 p.m.