Women's golf wins at Bison Invite

By Thomas Walter

After being delayed an entire day due to torrential rain, the women’s golf team won its second consecutive Bison Invitational championship Sept. 11 and Sept. 12. Kasha Scott ’14 led the Bison to victory after posting a career-low round of 70 during the final round of play.

After opening with a 310 cumulative score on Sunday morning, the Bison rallied and shot two consecutive rounds under 300 to edge out a tough Rutgers team by just one stroke.

Scott led the Orange and Blue with rounds of 79-73-70 and finished tied for fourth individually. During her final round, Scott put together a remarkably consistent round with 16 pars and a critical birdie on 17.

Scott did not act alone. Lauren Bernard ’14 and Bridget Wilcox ’14 both turned in solid performances for the Orange and Blue, finishing in t-7 and t-11, respectively.

“I was really excited about how I played because I have been struggling with my game all summer, and now things have finally come together,” Scott said. “It was also really exciting to beat Rutgers by one stroke and to come back from behind and win. I think it really speaks volumes for how much the team has matured in a year.”

This season, the Bison will depend on the play of their core of sophomore players.

“We are so excited to say that for the first time in the women’s golf program history, we are back-to-back champions. It is great to start our season off with a win and it gives us a lot of confidence going into our next tournament,” Bernard said.

Up next for the Bison is the Badger Invitational, hosted by Wisconsin, which will take place on Sept. 25-26.