Bison Lacrosse defeats Marist

Alivia Handson, Staff Writer

On Saturday afternoon, the men’s lacrosse team defeated Marist 15-7 at Tenney Stadium at Leonidoff Field. This is the Bison’s fourth out-of-conference win this season and the Red Foxes’ fourth loss. 

Dutch Furlong ’24 led the Bison with seven points while Nick Crovatto ’22 displayed a strong effort in faceoffs. During the second quarter, the Orange and Blue began to pull away, netting four of its five goals which gave them a lead headed into halftime. In the third quarter, the Bison outscored the Red Foxes by 7-2 which increased their score to a 14-4 advantage.

Assisted by Furlong, Alston Tarry ’22 secured a hat trick with two goals within 28 seconds. Furlong had a career-best seven points on five goals and two assists. Additionally, he had a career-high of goals in a single game with five. Tarry finished the match with four goals. Other noticeable standouts were freshmen Connor Davis ’25 and Cam Doolan ’25. Davis scored three goals while Doolan scored two goals and had one assist. Davis has netted at least three goals per game which has brought him to a season total of 19 goals. Davis is currently second in the NCAA with 4.75 goals per game. 

Crovatto displayed an outstanding effort winning 17 of 24 faceoffs and collecting a game-high of 13 ground balls. On the opposite side of the field, Max Nolan ’25 secured his fourth-straight win in net. Nolan stopped nine shots to maintain the lead.

We are happy to be 4-0. We are looking forward to this week. We need to have another great week in order to be 5-0 going into league play which is important to us,” Crovatto said. 

The Bison have had the best start to their season since 2007.