5 things to do this weekend

Jaxon White, Editor-in-Chief

Fall Fest

The annual Fall Fest returns this year, after a brief hiatus because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, on Saturday from 5–10 p.m. on Sojka Lawn. Brent Papson, director of the CAP Center, told The Bucknellian there will be carnival rides, lawn games, food and student performers. Attendees over the age of 21 can participate in a beer garden as well.

Science Quad chalk art competition 

The Samek Museum Art Club is hosting a sidewalk chalk art competition on Friday on the Science Quad, according to the Sept. 21 Message Center post. The event will run from 4–6 p.m., with registration taking place at 4 p.m. the same day on the Science Quad. Tiffany Demmon, the writer of the post, said that the Club will accept solo entries, or groups that want to participate together. 

Applications for Epsilon Eta are due Oct. 7

Epsilon Eta is a student-led environmental society, intended to give students an opportunity to “build professional relationships in the environmental and sustainability disciplines,” according to a Sept. 21 Message Center Post from Milton Newberry. According to the organization’s recruitment poster, applications are due on Oct. 7. The poster lists multiple contacts for the club, including: Maya Sabiter, [email protected]; Molly Garrahy, [email protected]; Maggie Zipfel, [email protected]

Volunteer with the Bucknell Greenway 

Although the project will not be released for a few months, according to Professor Paul Siewers, Bucknell Greenway is looking for volunteers. The project is intended for the “shaping of a recreational, educational, and ecological corridor along an approximately 4-mile path loop through campus,” according to a Sept. 20 Message Center Post from Siewers. To inquiry about getting involved, Siewers said to reach out to him by email at [email protected]

Feminist Friday event

The Gender and Sexuality Resources Office is hosting a Support Incarcerated Victims/Survivors event on Friday at 4 p.m. in Elaine Langone Center room 063, as part of their Feminist Friday series of events. “Join us at Feminist Friday to learn about the relationship between abuse, criminalization, race, and gender and take action to support incarcerated victim/survivors through letter writing,” the Sept. 21 Message Center Post from Abby Fite, associate director for the Gender and Sexuality Resources Office, said.