5 things to do this weekend

Kelsey Werkheriser, Special Features Content Editor

7th Street Makerspace Events

Looking to do something hands-on and creative? The Makerspace has a variety of activities available this weekend. The Makerspace is located at 420 Seventh Street, and is attached to Seventh Street Café. On Friday from 5–9 p.m. Students can make a dorm room key holder to use as a space to store things such as keys, wallets and ID. On Saturday from 5–9 p.m. Students can also make a wooden essential oil diffuser with a choice of beads, string and scent, which can be hung in a dorm room or car. Supplies are first-come, first-serve, and there is no sign-up required for the Makerspace’s Friday and Saturday events. 

Glow Night at Uptown

Join the Gender & Sexuality Alliance for their yearly register. The event will be hosted this Saturday at Uptown in Swartz, starting at 8 p.m., and going as long as Uptown is open and people are still dancing. Students should go in their most colorful and bright clothing, and glow beneath the black lights as they dance with friends. Enjoy free food and drinks and play some of the games Uptown has to offer like pool and table tennis. 

Casino Night at Uptown

On Friday from 8–11 p.m. at Uptown in Swartz Hall, the CAP Center Core is hosting a night of casino games like Blackjack and Roulette. No need to be of casino age for these games. Come and try your hand, whether a new player or experienced; you just might win a prize. Stick around for free food and some friendly competition. 

Farm Work Party 

Join the campus Farm for their monthly Saturday Work Party from 2–4 p.m.. Located behind the water towers on South Campus, the Farm allows students to be a part of the food growing process, as well as share it with the community. Work Parties are open to everyone, not just paid student farmers, and commonly involve a group activity. At last month’s party, attendees got to make fresh pesto with ingredients from the farm. If you can’t make the party, but still want to be involved with the farm, open volunteer hours are offered every Friday from 4–7 p.m..

LACOS Feria Latina

Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with the LACOS for their annual celebration, Feria Latina. The event will be from 8–10 p.m. at MacDonald Commons Lawn, located on south campus near the senior apartments. There will be a free food truck, music and games celebrating Hispanic culture. Bring your friends and your appetite.