Bison Field Hockey remains undefeated in the Patriot League 

Brooke Tracey, Contributing Writer

The Bison Field Hockey Team traveled to New York this past weekend to play two games.

On Saturday, the Bison faced Patriot League opponent, Colgate, where they celebrated a great team victory and earned their third league win. The Orange and Blue returned to the pitch on Sunday, at Cornell, in a tough-fought battle. 

The Bison were eager to face another Patriot League competitor this week, and found great success against the Colgate Raiders. With three lead changes throughout the match, the Bison persevered and came out on top.

It only took the Orange and Blue two minutes into the game to get on the board, with Isabella Pavlides ’25 scoring off of a rebound from the Raider’s goalkeeper. However, it was an immediate response by the Raiders who managed to score just 45 seconds later.

A little under eight minutes passed, when Colgate scored their second goal of the game with a penalty stroke. The Bison entered the second quarter trailing 2-1, but remained relentless.​​

Three minutes into the quarter, Lily Neilson ’25 had a rocket shot that resulted from a penalty corner, tying up the game. Less than five minutes later, Kayla Kisthardt ’23 took initiative and put the Bison up by one, capitalizing on another penalty corner rebound. The Orange and Blue kept the Raiders off of the board in the second quarter, and entered half time with a 3-2 lead.

The Bison were once again first to get on the board in the third quarter, off of a Maddie Rehak ’23 goal, giving the Bison their largest lead of the game. The Raiders were able to score one more goal in the third quarter, but the Orange and Blue responded in the fourth with one final goal from Pavlides. The match ended in a Bison victory of 5-3.

Top goal-scorer, Neilson, spoke on the game.

“It was great to put a goal on the board in such a high scoring game,” Neilson said. “Colgate really put us under pressure so it was nice to come out with a win against them.”

The Orange and Blue were hyped up following their league win, but had to face Cornell on Sunday. Cornell got on the board less than two minutes into the game, and scored a second goal just under ten minutes in, giving them a 2-0 lead entering the second half.

The Bison had no shots in the third quarter, but were able to limit the Big Red to only one more goal, coming just four minutes into the half. The Orange and Blue continued to press, but their offensive efforts were not enough to overcome the Big Red. 

The Bison will return to the pitch at Lehigh next Saturday in an 11 a.m. match. This Patriot League game will be the only one for the Orange and Blue next weekend.

(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)