Women’s Tennis takes on Big Ten opponent

Clara McCormick, Sports Editor

Bison Women’s Tennis fought hard against Big Ten Rutgers University this past Saturday in East Brunswick, N.J. 

The final score of the match was 7-0 in favor of Scarlet Knights, but impressively, this was the first time the Bison had been swept the entire year, as they competed in three other matches during the fall semester.

No. 3 doubles, consisting of Kate Novak ’24 and Mirra Manolov ’26, gave their Rutgers opponents a scare, as the junior-freshman duo fell 5-7 to the Knights.

Junior Tyne Miller ’24 at No. 3 singles also had an impressive match, with the final score being 6-4, 6-4 in favor of her opponent. 

“Rutgers was a great first match,” Miller said. “They are a very strong and experienced team so it was really fun to start the season competing against them. It was super special seeing the team compete, as it was the freshmen’s first dual match. Everyone has been working so hard on and off the court. It’s going to be a great season for everyone.” 

This weekend, the Orange and Blue take on their first Patriot League opponent of the season, Boston University. The last time Bison tennis took on the Terriers was the 2020-2021 season in the Patriot League semifinals, where Boston took the victory 4-0. This match will be a great opportunity for a rematch. The game will take place at Boston University this Saturday at 6 p.m.