Men’s Lacrosse falls just short to Robert Morris

Jamilie Atiyeh, Staff Writer

This past weekend, Bucknell’s campus was home for “College Lax Saturday,” which featured a head to head battle between our very own Bison and the Robert Morris Colonials. 

The game was a back-and-forth affair with a conclusion in favor of the opposing team. 

Some great performances were put out by the Bison throughout the feat. 

Following a strong start by the Colonials, Bucknell bounced back with a high scoring second quarter, outscoring the Colonials 5-0. 

With an assist provided by Dutch Furlong ’24, Connor Davis ’25 scored with 1:08 remaining in the first half, giving the Bison their first lead of the game at 6-5. 

Right out of the gate in the second half, Will Hopkins ’26 secured a goal to give the Bison a two-goal lead, but the Colonials came back, while managing to score a few more in the third quarter. 

Both teams scored one goal in the fourth. Freshman Patriot League Rookie of the Week Michael Meyer ’26, as well as Jack Feda ’23 added goals to Bucknell’s tally. The game ended with a 9-12 loss for the Bison. 

“We knew Robert Morris was going to be a very unorthodox team that would play hard for four quarters,” Joe Scattareggia ’23 said. “We did a lot of things well and so did they. In the end, we did not get the outcome we wanted but definitely learned a lot from the game. We travel to Richmond this weekend, who is another great team, and the Herd is ready to give them all we got.”

Keep full horns out for the Bison as they hit the road for the first time this season to face Richmond Saturday, Feb. 18.