Men’s Tennis’ 2-0 weekend

Clara McCormick, Sports Editor

Bison Men’s Tennis had two matches this past weekend, one against Howard University and one against Coppin State. Both matches resulted in victories for the Orange and Blue, which improved their win-streak to four consecutive matches. 

Against Howard, at No. 2 and No. 3 singles respectively, Amar Tahirovic ’26 and Michael Owen ’23 defeated their opponents with the same score of 6-1, 6-0. In the No. 4 spot, Tim Zelikovsky ’24 easily crushed his Howard opponent, as well, 6-4, 6-3. 

In the doubles matches, which Bucknell earned the point for, No. 1 duo Harrison Gold ’24 and Brendan McDonald ’26 won 6-3, and Owen matched up with Nick Mueller ’23 in the No. 3 spot to win 6-1. 

The final score against the Bison from Washington D.C. was 4-1 in favor of the Bison from Lewisburg. 

The next day, the Bison swept Coppin State with an overall score of 7-0. 

In this match, both Tahirovic at No.1 singles and Oscar Bain Moreno de Vega ’26 at No.6 beat their opponents by retirement after taking the first set 6-0.

Mueller, in the No. 2 position, won 6-4, 6-2, Zelikovsky won 6-0, 6-3 at No. 3 and McDonald won 6-1, 6-1 at No. 4. 

The doubles matches against the Bald Eagles were also successful, as partners Mueller and McDonald won 6-2 in the No. 1 doubles spot, while Tahirovic and Zelikovsky won 6-4 at No. 2.

“It was great to see team-wide success this weekend and to continue our four-match win-streak,” Zelikovsky said. “We’ve perfected our doubles line-up and we’ve won the doubles point every match in our last few, which will definitely continue in the future. Our freshman Amar Tahirovic has been a great asset to the team, aiding us greatly in both doubles and singles. Our team has never been better, and we’ll continue to win all the way to the Patriot League Championships.” 

The Orange and Blue face Siena College and St. Bonventure next weekend, where they hope to make the win streak five and six.