Men’s Tennis’ win streak increases to six

Clara McCormick, Sports Editor

Bison Men’s Tennis took on opponents Siena and St. Bonaventure this past weekend, defeating both teams. 

The match against the Saint Bernards was competitive, with the final score being 4-3 in favor of the Orange and Blue. 

In the singles matches, No. 2 player Nick Mueller ’23 won 6-3, 6-2, No. 5 player Brendan McDonald ’26 defeated his opponent 7-5, 6-0 and Oscar Bain Moreno de Vega ’26 won 6-2, 6-2 at No. 6. 

In the end, winning the doubles point was the deciding factor in Bucknell’s victory. Bain Moreno de Vega teamed up with Amar Tahirovic ’26 at No. 2 and McDonald teamed up with Tim Zelikovsky ’24 at No.3. Both duos easily defeated their Siena rivals 6-1. 

In their away match against St. Bonaventure, the Bison had an easier win. The final score was 5-2. 

Tahirovic competed in the No. 1 spot and had a comeback match, winning 4-6, 6-2, 6-4. Mueller won again at No. 2 6-1, 6-3, Zelikovsky in the No. 4 spot won 6-2, 6-3 and Bain Moreno de Vega won 6-1, 6-1 at No. 6. 

Doubles partners Bain Moreno de Vega and Tahirovic at No.2 as well as duo Zelikovsky and McDonald at No. 3 won with the same score of 6-3. 

“We’ve been having some great wins so far starting with Drexel a month ago up until this weekend against Siena and St. Bonaventure,” Bain Moreno de Vega said. “It was great seeing my teammate Brendan come back from 5-1 and to clinch the win this weekend and celebrate with the team. I am excited to continue this semester with this great team, and I strongly believe we can continue the winning streak with our strong lineup.”

This upcoming weekend, the Bison will take on three opponents at home: Loyola, Fordham and Marist where they hope to keep their win streak going as they head into league play.