Women’s Golf takes on the Navy Spring Invitational

Jamilie Atiyeh, Staff Writer

Following a great performance in the St. John’s Invitational this past weekend, Bucknell Women’s Golf headed to Annapolis. Md. for the Navy Spring Invitational for one final bout before the Patriot League Championship. 

A stellar performance was seen by Paige Richter ’26 on day one, who posted her second even-par 72 of the spring season and sat one stroke away from the lead, contributing to a 324 team score for the Bison.

With 18 holes remaining, Bucknell sat at sixth place just prior to a birdie by Richter, who rebounded from a bogey at five with birdies at eight and 10 to get to 2-under on the day. Bucknell’s other counting scores came from Kelsey Yi ’24 with an 81 (who aced the 17 hole in Friday’s practice round), an 84 from Tara Thomas ’25 and an 87 from Kayla Yi ’24. 

Day two presented some impressive stats from the Bison with a lead score by Richter, seating her in top-10 for the third time this season and her best 36-hole score. 

As a team, Bucknell posted a final-round 317– seven strokes better than its first-round score– and finished in sixth place with a 641 total. 

Bucknell counted scores from Kayla Yi ’24(80), Thomas (81) and Kelsey Yi (82). 

“The team that was traveling this past weekend has been working very hard all semester and our freshman Paige Richter killed it at Navy,” Sahana Paravantavida ’23 said. “I won’t be going to Patriot Leagues, but the girls leave Wednesday and are definitely gonna go low this weekend. The team this year is very capable of placing well this year.” 

Keep your horns out for the Bison as they seek their second league title at the 10th Patriot League Championship taking place on April 21-23 at Independence Golf Club in Midlothian, Va.