Bucknell Only Likes Their Lemons Lulu

There is an epidemic across Bucknell right now. No, I am not talking about Frat Flu (though that’s true, too). I am talking about the sheer amount of Lululemon on campus.

Famous for their activewear and quality guarantee policy (if your leggings are pilling, you can return them for a new pair, thank me later), Lululemon has taken the world by storm. Bucknell is no exception to this. You can’t walk from the ELC to the quad without spotting at least ten people sporting the gear. If you ask me, the Bucknell student body single-handedly keeps Lululemon thriving.

When I arrived on campus, I was shocked to see so much Lululemon; it was everywhere. Not only did everyone have perfect matching sets in the gym, but they also had sets for everyday occasions. It seemed to be endless, from casual breakfast Lulu to studying in the library Lulu.

As a runner, I am a sucker for new workout gear, so I knew I had to try out their shorts. The Lululemon epidemic had already plagued me before coming here, so I already wore a solid amount of the gear. However, I had never tried their running shorts. I was solely a Nike run girl (still am, at heart), but Lululemon’s Hotty Hots sure make a girl consider changing her stance. Lightweight and stylish, the shorts are perfect for getting those miles in. Don’t even get me started on the leggings. If you decided to invest in one Bucknell fashion trend, it should be Lululemon Align leggings. I have had my black Aligns since the 7th grade, and they still look as new as the first day I got them.

Lululemon also offers casual, comfy outfits to wear to your 8 a.m. when you’re not working out. The new Scuba Sweats (they’re always sold out, so if you’re interested, act fast) are perfect for a cute yet effortless look. The sweats tighten at the top and open to wide leg at the bottom (wide leg is currently in Vogue, very European). “It’s versatile and easy to match pieces,” Sydney Strasser ’27 said about the brand. Being versatile and easy to match makes it the perfect style for everyday college wear.

Furthermore, Lululemon has inclusive sizing, ranging from a size zero to a size 20. This makes it so everyone can find something that fits them just right. No matter your body type, you can find something that looks great at Lululemon.

Not everyone is supportive of the Lululemon craze, though. Michelle Cerqueira ’27 said, “It’s an overrated sense of style. Lululemon equals simple, and we should strive to be extraordinary.”

The brand has a stigma of being “basic.” Everyone seems to have something, and everyone seems to wear it the same. Lululemon has also been criticized for its cost, which can make it inaccessible. Business Insider ranked it number one among brands starting to be worn by wealthy female teens.

Overall, Lululemon is a good quality, cute and easy look to rock around campus. In my personal opinion, Lululemon is worth the hype. The quality is unbeatable, and the brand makes everyone look phenomenal. Lululemon doesn’t seem like a fad; on the contrary, it looks like a style that will be sustainable for many years. So, if life gives you lemons, pray they’re Lulu.