Bryce Vine and Quinn XCII to perform at spring concert

Photos Courtesy of the Concert Committee

The Concert Committee recently announced that rapper and singer Bryce Vine and singer-songwriter Quinn XCII will perform at this semester’s spring concert, taking place Friday, April 5th in Sojka Pavilion. 

“The Concert Committee is so excited to announce our two artists, Quinn XCII and Bryce Vine,” said Concert Committee President Julia Fredrickson ’24. “They are both such talented performers and they are going to put on a great show. I always love watching the whole event come together from the planning stages to the night of the concert. It’s going to be amazing!” 

Opening artist Bryce Ross-Johnson, stage name Bryce Vine, began his music career in 2011 when he appeared on “The Glee Project,” in which he competed with 11 other contestants for a role on the Fox show “Glee.” Though he was eliminated from the show in the first round and never appeared on “Glee”, Vine continued his music career, and in 2014 released his first EP “Lazy Fair,” including “Sour Patch Kids,” which became a small online hit. Vine gained more notoriety with the song “Drew Barrymore” on his 2016 EP Night Circus, which peaked at 46 on the Billboard Hot 100. This continues to be his most streamed song with over 331.5 million listens on Spotify. He has since released numerous albums and EPs, with his other large hit song being “La La Land” from the 2019 “Carnival” album, which rose to 75 on the Hot 100. 

Vine describes his music as a “sound all his own, drawn in equal parts from the influence of bass-heavy reality rap, the spirit of punk rock and anthemic, pop sensibility.” 

Headliner Quinn XCII (pronounced Quinn ninety-two), also pulls from a variety of genres including pop, hip-hop, reggae, electronic, rock, and soul. Mikael Temrowski originally went by stage name “Mike T” before switching to the name Quinn XCII, based on an acronym used by one of his professors at Michigan State: “Quit Unless Your Instincts Are Never Neglected.” After years of releasing music on YouTube, in 2015, Quinn XCII released his debut EP “Change of Scenery”. His next single “Stung” reached  #1 on Hype Machines Popular Charts. Since then Quinn has continued to release singles, EPs and albums, including successive Platinum singles “Kings of Summer” with ayokay, “Straightjacket” and “Love Me Less” with MAX. His fifth and newest studio album, “The People’s Champ,” was released in Jan. 2023. 

Concert tickets go on sale for students on Feb. 8, and students get one free ticket plus an additional four tickets for $25 each. Tickets go on sale for the general public on Feb. 12 for $40 each.