Lewisburg welcomes new cafes and coffee shops

Hayley Leopold, Print Presentation Director / The Bucknellian

During this past year, new coffee shop and cafe openings graced Lewisburg. With classic and cherished coffee spots still thriving, the options for Lewisburg locals and Bucknell students have only expanded. All spots, different in their own ways,  typically feature something you can’t get anywhere else in town. New to Lewisburg and quickly gaining popularity, let’s take a look at these openings with drink and food options. 

Tastecraft Coffee

In early October 2023,  Tastecraft Coffee made its grand opening (or, in reality, grand re-opening) on 512 Market Street. The popular Milton coffee shop originally had a Lewisburg location on 323 Market Street. The shop’s first location was open from 2017 – 2020, and now, after more than three years students, residents no longer have to travel out to Milton for Tastecraft specialities. 

The drink menu has various options for anyone looking to indulge in high quality coffee. With single origin Brazilian, Ethiopian and Honduran coffee, different roasts and flavors exist for multiple preferences. From classics coffees to lattes to cappuccinos, Tastecraft has something for everyone—even tasters for those looking for a caffeine fix but without the taste of coffee. These drinks give the option to add caffeine shots and various flavors to sparkling green tea or sparkling lemonade for a non-coffee treat or pick me up. 

Throughout the year, Tastecraft also features various seasonal menus and specials. Last week to start off February, they released their Valentines themed drink menu. Customers can try eight new and different options throughout the season. Some of the drinks include a lavender milk tea, three new tasters, the Cupid’s Arrow (a strawberry and chocolate combination with strawberry, cold foam and drizzle) and the Love Tonic (vanilla with black raspberry cold foam). Most attention grabbing, Bad Romance consists of red velvet and salted caramel with chocolate whipped cream.  

Customers find more of Tastecraft’s specialities and most loved items off the drink menu and on display. A combination of donut and waffle often grabs the attention of those new to Tastecraft. Their Wonut that comes in many different flavors, perfect for a sweet treat. With typical flavors such as glazed and cinnamon sugar, customers should look out for new and exclusive flavors. On Jan. 27, Lewisburg customers had the opportunity to try and enjoy a new Banana Chocolate Chip flavor for the day. Promotions often feature a deal for customers of $1 Wonuts. 

Also popular for those in need of a sweet treat—20 different flavor options of Tastecraft macarons. Tastecraft advertises when they will be featuring “Every Flavor Macaron Day” and the many vibrant colors of the desserts can be seen displayed at their counter. Last Macaron Day took place on Saturday Jan. 11 and featured twenty-one flavors with a new Tres Leches macaron. To remain updated with Macaron Days and promotions, customers can visit the tastecraft.com website or @tastecraft_lewisburg on Instagram. Tastecraft is open Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm and Saturdays 9:00am to 4:00pm. 

Paris Bakery & Cafe

A wide selection of french pastries have made their way to Lewisburg at the brand new Paris Bakery & Cafe. Located on 335 Market Street, the café opened its doors officially on Feb. 2. Adding a twist to typical café norms, they feature extended hours for customers. Open now from 6am to 9pm Monday through Saturday, the café can be a breakfast spot or late night treat. The café also opens 7a.m. to 5p.m. on Sundays and thus far has attracted the attention of many in the area. 

With only a week of business, the café has been extremely busy with eager new customers. Many of the café’s ingredients have been directly imported from France and they sell a vast variety of pastries and food daily. The menu presents mini pizza and quiche options alongside different breads, baguettes, or sandwiches customers can try, as well as many different croissant flavors and biscuits. From pistachio and chocolate croissants to almond and fruit tarts, the greater Lewisburg community has many new pastries to try.

The drink menu features different coffee and matcha latte options, traditional and common coffee orders, fresh juice options and certain European sodas. The fresh squeezed orange juice has been discussed and much anticipated by student customers. 

The café introduced new features that include pictures printed on coffees or croissants. They detail the process as a twenty-four hour requirement requiring a picture in advance. To stay up to date with updates about the café and more new features, interested customers can visit their Instagram account @parisbakerypa.

Culture Coffee

Just off Market Street located at 216 St John Street sits the new and modern Culture Coffee shop. The local small business opened its doors the first week of November 2023. The shop showcases specific and unique brewing methods of their specialty coffee and traditional techniques for making matcha. Some of the types of coffee beans brewed and offered include Guatemala Washed, Colombia Anaerobic, Costa Rica Honey and El Salvador & Ethiopia blend. Many of their latte and drink options offer distinct and new treats for the community to try. 

The Affogato, a signature offered and commonly mentioned by customers, features an espresso poured over a scope of vanilla ice cream. As a sweeter option for coffee drinkers, Culture Coffee offers many special and new twists. On February 1, they introduced a new special to their menu. The “Red Velvet Latte” features a combination of French beetroot grind and cocoa from the Ivory Coast in West Africa. 

The shop also advertises for days when they will offer various croissant options. Some flavors featured include almond, chocolate and plain croissants. Students and those in the Lewisburg area can drop in Culture Coffee or stay up to date on their Instagram page @ culturecoffeee_. The shop opens everyday, except Tuesday, from 9am to 4pm.