Your vote doesn’t matter in Connecticut.

As a student in Pennsylvania, consider this: will my vote be more impactful in Pennsylvania, a swing state, or states like New York, Connecticut, or New Jersey? What is on the line, for students and young voters across the country, that will impact our futures in the upcoming election?

To keep it simple and blunt, a vote in Pennsylvania has a much greater influence on the outcome of elections, regardless of party affiliation.

As a student at a prestigious university in a battleground state, take a moment to think critically about your political voice. Voting is our civic responsibility, and wasting it on a vote in your home state that has not changed and lacks foreseeable change in party leadership is not productive. Keeping in mind the backdrop of institutions silencing the political voices of students across the nation, make it a point to reject this and vote.

Here are some relevant issues for student voters to think about when making your voting decisions:

1. Reproductive justice and bodily autonomy
2. Being able to afford a place to live after graduation

If you are an out-of-state student residing in a non-swing state, consider registering in PA. Utilize Bucknell’s Turbovote website to register to vote, switch the change of your registration, or check on the status of your registration.

The 2024 election will be one in which young people’s voices can and will make a difference, but we will not know unless we mobilize to do so. As president of the Student Voting Coalition at Bucknell, our organization would be happy to provide any and all students with helpful and necessary information about how to register to vote and how/where to vote. Please email me to join our organization if interested in advancing this mission at Bucknell ([email protected]).