New business ideas presented and judged at BizPitch Competition
RAs elect to establish RA union on campus
How do we handle a culture of burnout?
Women’s Track and Field dominates Colonial Relays

“Quiet on Set” reveals harsh truth about children’s TV

Making a difference locally: Students bring back The Listening Post

Men's soccer ends season at 7-9-2

By Eric Brod

Senior Writer

In their season finale at Emmitt Field, the Bison fell to Lafayette 2-0 to finish the season 7-9-2. Seniors Andrew Powell ’12, Marc Hartmann ’12, Tommy Caso ’12, Ryan Sappington ’12, Luke Joyner ’12 and Nader Sawtarie ’12 were given a pre-game ceremony and will finish their careers as the third-most winning class in program history.

Lafayette’s Kyle Scharfenberg scored both goals for the Leopards, the first in the 17th minute off a corner kick and the second in the 66th minute. Although the Bison were unable to generate consistent pressure,  they still out-shot the Leopards 14-10. Powell provided the best scoring chance for the Orange and Blue in the 15th minute off a direct kick, but Lafayette goalie Graham Heydt was there for the save.

All three goalies received playing time in the finale, as Caso and Hartmann played their final games in net as Bison. Orman Kimbrough ’14 made his season debut with just two minutes remaining in the game.

Despite missing the postseason for the first time since 2008, the team has much promise for the 2012 season. Joyner, one of the senior co-captains on the team, knows his class has left a lasting legacy on the program.

“Nothing can take away from the two Patriot League championships our senior class was a part of. As part of this program for four years, I’ve made some memories that will last a lifetime,” Joyner said.