BSG 2015 takes initiatives to unify class

By Lauren Buckley

Bucknell Student Government (BSG) 2015 is raising money for their class through “President’s Press,” an event in which BSG representatives are ironing clothing on campus.

The fundraiser occurred on April 12, April 13 and yesterday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The final session of “President’s Press” is today from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Any student can drop off shirts, pants, dresses or any wrinkled item with first-year BSG members, and they will have them ironed and ready for formals, Chrysalis or any other formal event. BSG 2015 will charge $3 for a single item and $5 for two. 

BSG 2015 representatives are working hard with these creative events to promote unity among their class and fundraise for future class events, including their senior gift and Senior Nights. First-year BSG members also hosted a free root beer float event on April 17 outside of the uphill entrance of the Elaine Langone Center.

“Our short term goals include unity and bonding events, such as the root beer floats event and the s’mores event which we hosted earlier in the year. Our longer term goals include purchasing a class gift, as well as hosting a variety of Senior Nights to celebrate our time at Bucknell,” Colin Hassell ’15, BSG 2015 president said. 

“Our job as members of BSG is to bring our class together, so naturally we try to raise money in any way that we can so that we can then give it back to the class of 2015 in the form of entertainment and events,” Chris Jarvis ’15, a BSG 2015 representative, said.

These events have also been fantastic opportunities to advertise BSG elections for the 2012-2013 academic year which took place yesterday.