Sleeping Around: My Reality

By Stacey Lace
Columnist

Earlier this week, I decided to take a night out and “frat real hard.” I figured the end of the semester and finals week were coming and I wanted one last midweek night of drinking at my boyfriend’s frat house.

I played a little pong and watched the frat-stars play a game of snake and a few rounds of 21 cup. No worries, though. I didn’t drink myself into oblivion or even a haze; I’m writing this after being home for only a few minutes.

My late night drinking isn’t the most interesting thing that happened tonight. I learned what the guys all think my life is really like.

I said I needed to head home to write my column and my boyfriend’s response was, “I’ll give you something to write about.” Obviously, I wasn’t surprised by this. However, I’m usually the one who wakes him up in the middle of the night to get down and dirty.

I was more surprised by the image I’ve gotten with the rest of the house. I jokingly asked one guy to write my column for me and he said he would do it from my point of view. Here’s his response:

“I woke up this morning, rolled over, saw XXX and just thought he looked so sexy. Then I went back to sleep. A few hours later I woke up and again thought he looked so sexy. Then I went to class and all I thought about was how sexy XXX is. Now I’m heading home to go be around XXX, who is so sexy.”

I find it hard to believe I have a more active sex drive than most. I feel like health class always taught us that boys think about sex something like every six seconds. I am far from that.

In reality, I woke up at 6:45 a.m. so I could shower and make it to my 8 a.m. class on time. I left my boyfriend sleeping in my bed, wishing I could join him. The main motivation to hopping back in the sack was not to have sex, but rather to sleep. It was 8 a.m. for crying out loud!

I headed off to lab and class, then spent the afternoon watching the finale of “One Tree Hill” and the evening at The Bucknellian. I know, I live the life of a porn star.

While it’s fun to have everyone think my life is this glamorous glimpse into the world of large amounts of sex, I really do normal things.  My life isn’t put on hold so I can get it in at all times of the day. If that were the case, I doubt I’d manage to be monogamous.

For those of you who want to keep on picturing me as this sex-crazed girl who gets it in anytime, anywhere, feel free to do so. I just ask that you let me know what that life is like!