2024 Commencement Student Speaker: Lea Tarzy
Alexandra Slofkiss: 2024 Commencement Soloist
Outstanding Senior Award: Bernadette Maramis
Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion: Gloria Sporea

May 10, 2024

Excellence in Athletics Award: Meghan Quinn

May 10, 2024

Excellence in the Arts Award: Joselyn Busato

May 10, 2024

Fall for Lewisburg

Anna Jones

Arts & Life Editor

Fall is the season of pumpkin lattes, cozy sweaters, scarves, and falling leaves. It’s also the season when schoolwork picks up and everyone is stressed about tests, papers, and every activity on campus. Here are a few ideas of things to do around Lewisburg that can help you forget about stressful schoolwork so you can embrace the season.

Things to do: 

Ard’s Farm Market

Everyone knows the fall food at Ard’s is to die for, but not everyone knows that they also have fun things to do every fall. They have a five-acre corn maze that is now open every Saturday from noon-9 p.m. and every Sunday from noon-6 p.m. Admission is only $9 for adults. Ard’s also sells pumpkins and has hayrides to the pumpkin patch, which opens in late September.

Football Games

Football games are another fantastic fall attraction, and it’s always great to go out and support your fellow classmates on the field. Homecoming Weekend is always a fun opportunity to reconnect with alumni, as well as cheer on the Bison. This year, homecoming is Oct. 25-27, and the football game is at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 26 against Lehigh. Make sure you head out to Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium for some football before it gets too cold!

Campus Theater

The Campus Theatre downtown usually has several special showings around Halloween.  Last year, they played “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” a few days before the holiday.  Creepy movies at the theatre can help get you into the spirit of Halloween!

Halloween Parade

The Lewisburg Area Recreation Authority sponsors a Halloween parade every year. Local Lewisburg kids dress up and parade through Hufnagle Park. The park is decorated for Halloween and the costumed children are absolutely adorable.

Fall Fest

Tomorrow is the University’s annual Fall Fest. There will be a giant slide, ferris wheel, games, photos, and giveaways. There will also be turkey legs and plenty of other free food. Kingsfoil, Frankie Muniz’s Pennsylvania-based band, will be returning to campus along with 3OH!3, the band that sang the popular song “Don’t Trust Me.”

Food:

The Freez

The Lewisburg Freez is not exactly a fall staple, but it is a campus-wide favorite. The last day of this year’s ice cream season is Sept. 22, just one week away. Make sure to stop in and enjoy your last trip to The Freez…that is, until March 2014.

Dunkin Donuts

Another campus favorite, Dunkin Donuts, has started serving pumpkin donuts, pumpkin muffins, and a slew of pumpkin coffee drinks. These fall foods are perfect for a Saturday or Sunday morning, and Dunkin is less than a mile from campus, so be sure to stop by and fill up on pumpkin food.

Starbucks

Starbucks has also begun to serve their famous Pumpkin Spice Latte, along with their Salted Caramel Mocha and Chocolate Chai Tea Latte. The Starbucks in the bookstore has all three drinks available. It’s well worth the walk downtown.

Elizabeth’s

Although Elizabeth’s is a more expensive option, it is well worth the money. Each season, Elizabeth’s has a new menu and the fall menu is coming soon. This downtown bistro is a perfect place to go with your parents during Family Weekend. Since the food is so good, the restaurant tends to be busy, so be sure to make a reservation if you want to try it out.