New business ideas presented and judged at BizPitch Competition
RAs elect to establish RA union on campus
How do we handle a culture of burnout?
Women’s Track and Field dominates Colonial Relays

“Quiet on Set” reveals harsh truth about children’s TV

Making a difference locally: Students bring back The Listening Post

Uptown hosts wildly popular improv show

Anna Jones

Arts & Life Editor

Family Weekend consists of two days packed with all sorts of events around campus, but Uptown managed to host one of the most popular events of the weekend.

On Sept. 27, We Brake for Nobody, the University’s own comedy troupe, and Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB), a famous improvisational touring company, performed a hilarious show for over 200 people who were in attendance.

UCB is based out of New York City, but travels to many different locations throughout the country. Amy Poehler and Matt Besser are two notable previous members of the Upright Citizens Brigade.

“There was a lot of comedy about college life,” Uptown student manager Emilie Ratajczak ’15 said. “[Upright Citizens Brigade] was often interviewing the audience about college.”

Students and families attended the show, and many other people stopped to watch, even after Uptown ran out of room for guests. Though this improv show is not new to family weekend, this year’s event had a larger turnout compared to previous years.

“People definitely had a great time and were able to enjoy a fun show,” student manager Greta Savickaite ’15 said.  

As always, Uptown has a variety of events during October, including “Save Our Treasured Chests.” This activity will be held tomorrow at 9 p.m. and will celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  There will be snacks, crafts, and prizes, and “Pitch Perfect” will be screened during the event.

After Fall Break, look forward to the annual Oktoberfest Pub Night at Uptown and some karaoke toward the end of the month. Stop by the club for activities every weekend in October!