ACE serves up another sweet event

Stephanie Houser, Contributing Writer

The savory smells of chocolate, cinnamon, and sugar filled the air of the Terrace Room on Feb. 1 for Activity and Campus Events’ (ACE) Just Desserts. The event garnered upwards of 300 sweet-toothed University students.

The event, which has become a staple event for ACE each year, affords students the ability to make their own fun and delicious desserts. This year’s Just Desserts included warm doughnut rolling, various ice cream float flavors, yogurt and cereal parfaits, and chocolate-dipped cake kebabs.

Some creative students had the ingenious idea to mix the stations by rolling their warm doughnuts in cinnamon or powdered sugar and then taking them over to the cake kebab station and dipping them in chocolate. After crafting their desserts, the participants enjoyed them while socializing with the other pleasantly sated students.

“Just Desserts is a perennial favorite! We always enjoy a good showing of students and we always get lots of compliments on the new additions to each event,” ACE Programming Chair Anthony Carno ’15 said.

Just Desserts was yet another success for ACE, and it will be hosting its next event tonight for the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremonies Viewing Party in the Student Space at 7:30 p.m.