Love Locations

Jen Lassen and Lauren Boone, Editor-in-chief and Managing Editor

The Campus Theatre: Unique Movie Date

The Campus Theatre, located on Market St. and built in 1941, is one of the only single-screen art deco theatres left in the country. The Campus Theatre features comfortable couches, two-seater date seats, and chairs; unique paintings and architectural features; and affordable snacks and tickets at a fraction of the cost of the nearby multiplex cinemas.

“We take Campus Dollars, so it’s easy for students to come see movies and buy snacks. Everything here is much less expensive than the large movie theaters,” Jessica Paquin, Director of Outreach and Fundraising, said.

This weekend, the Campus Theatre is screening “Saving Mr. Banks,” the tale of how Walt Disney made the story Mary Poppins into one of the most famous films to date. So grab your beau or a friend, stroll down to the Campus Theatre, and enjoy the movie for a unique Valentine’s Day date you won’t forget!

Café Stream: Best Brunch Date

Located on Market St., this new downtown café has already made a big splash with its organic, variety-filled menu. For brunch, check out their grilled peanut butter, hazelnut, and banana sandwich; whole wheat pancakes drenched in local syrup or honey; the Morning Veg Out or Cheese Me omelets, complete with toast and breakfast potatoes; and so much more. Not only does Café Stream believe in using healthy, fresh ingredients, but University students receive a 10 percent discount!

“Whether you’re with friends or family, there’s always something freshly made at Cafe Stream waiting for you. What better way to start your morning than with our unique coffee-brewing techniques, fresh juices, and healthy delicious food? All we know is that we try our best to make students feel welcomed. We want [Cafe Stream] to be their home away from home!” owner Meg Yost said.

This Valentine’s Day, check out Cafe Stream for a delicious brunch you’ll rave about for days.

Elizabeth’s American Bistro: Classy Lunch or Dinner Date 

Deemed as “a true upscale bistro,” Elizabeth’s knows food … and knows how to do it right. Located on Market St., Elizabeth’s boasts a fresh seasonal menu and an extensive wine list, perfect for an elegant lunch or dinner date this Valentine’s Day and over the weekend.

“We have caring, trained chefs using the freshest ingredients possible to make your Valentine’s Day celebration one to remember,” manager Ron Ott said.

Although the restaurant is booked for dinner on Feb. 14, take that special person in your life (or your best friend!) to Elizabeth’s for lunch on Valentine’s Day or lunch/dinner over the weekend to show them just how much you care.

Siam Restaurant & Bar: International Cuisine Date 

Looking to spice things up? Try Siam Restaurant & Bar’s Thai cuisine. Located at 518 Market St., Siam is open for both dine-in and take-out. For their Valentine’s Day special, Siam is featuring a grilled salmon tomato sauce dish: grilled salmon topped with fresh tomatoes, sweet chili paste, onion, and served with steamed broccoli and rice. For classic favorites, check out their Thai tea, spring rolls, drunken noodles, or the traditional pad thai. Siam presents a taste that goes far beyond Lewisburg.

sweetFrog Premium Frozen Yogurt: Best Dessert Date

Despite its recent opening on Market St., sweetFrog Premium Frozen Yogurt has quickly become a favorite of the area. Featuring all different types of yogurt (non-fat, low-fat, no sugar added, and sorbet), sweetFrog has something for everyone. Some of their sweet flavors include apple pie, cable car chocolate, French toast, and pecan praline. For some fruity flavors, try their Georgia peach or very strawberry.

“With a huge variety of creamy flavors and fresh toppings and a warm, cheerful atmosphere, sweetFrog is the perfect spot for Valentine’s Day sweethearts to celebrate their love! And our weigh-and-pay pricing makes sweetFrog an affordable treat for students,” James Denison, Sweet Frog Public Relations and Social Media Associate, said.

The Best Outside of Downtown Market St.

Are you and your valentine looking to go somewhere other than Market St.? Here are a few places to check out:

Reba and Pancho’s: A Modern American Restaurant

If you’re looking for an exciting mix of cuisines, check out Reba and Pancho’s: A Modern American Restaurant at 2006 W. Market St. The food is seasonal and ethnic, featuring Mediterranean and Mexican dishes. The restaurant is run by a husband and wife team that puts great care and love to their cooking.

“Everything is cooked to order, and this is a labor of love. If we could, we would sit down with all of you and eat. This is an intimate affair for us.”

The restaurant is BYOB and even offers a take-out option. If you’re looking for an atmosphere that is “light, friendly, fun, and colorful,” then Reba and Pancho’s is definitely the place to go with your valentine.

La Primavera Italiano Ristorante & Pizzeria 
Looking for a romantic evening with traditional Italian to set the mood for you and your valentine? Try La Primavera Italiano Risotrante & Pizzeria located at 2593 Old Turnpike Rd. Brothers Vito and Salvatore Mazzamuto created a menu of traditional Italian dishes, filled with recipes passed down to them from their father. For pasta, try the tortellini della nonna or the spaghetti bolognese. La Primavera even offers gluten-free options. For meats, try the pollo cacciatore or the vitello marsala. The chefs have a few Valentine’s Day specials up their sleeves as well.

Ard’s Farm

Located at 4803 Old Turnpike Rd., Ard’s is the perfect Valentine’s Day date place for just about anything–brunch, dinner, or even just gifts. They have chocolate-covered strawberries for a Valentine’s Day special. The strawberries are hand picked, selected, and dipped to create a decadent treat. The strawberries are available in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate, with the options of plain or drizzled. Even if you don’t like strawberries, Ard’s has plenty of other options. They always have freshly baked pies, cookies, and more.

While the treats are delicious, the meals that Ard’s has to offer are even better. The pancakes at brunch or cornbread at dinner are to die for.

“This weekend is no exception to the philosophy of the Ard’s Family,” Kyle Ard said. “Chef Justin Midkiff has been working tirelessly on his weekend specials, which will be sure to get your mouth watering.”

Why is Ard’s perfect for a Valentine’s Day dinner?

“Ard’s Farm offers students the opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown living and retreat to the tranquility of the countryside. This unique family owned and operated restaurant works closely with local farms to provide a farm-to-table culinary experience with imagination and creativity,” Kyle Ard said.