M.C. Hammer to perform at Chrysalis

Kerong Kelly, News Editor

Campus Activities and Programs (CAP) Center announced that M.C. Hammer will perform at the 16th annual Chrysalis Ball on April 25 at 9 p.m. in the Gerhard Fieldhouse.

The decision was made by both students and staff from the CAP Center and Activities and Campus Events (ACE). Unlike previous years, there will not be an opening act, but the night will end with a student DJ and dance music.

“When looking for a Chrysalis act, we really try to find someone that both the students and the faculty and staff will enjoy. And this year with M.C. Hammer, we know we nailed it. He is fun, upbeat, and puts on a great show. So get ready Bucknell: it’s Hammer time!” Stephanie Houser ’15 said.

Tickets will be made available to University students on March 17 for $20 and $30 for all others. After April 6, the price of tickets will increase to $25 for University students and $35 for others. Tickets may be purchased at any campus box office location, including the Weis Center for the Performing Arts, CAP Center, Barnes at Noble at Bucknell, and/or online at bucknell.edu/boxoffice.

“Seeing that M.C. Hammer is actually famous, I would say the committee did a decent job with this artist,” graduate student Lena Perminova said.