ACE Seventh Street Late Night Music

Anna Jones, Senior Writer

Activities and Campus Events (ACE) started the year off last weekend with a display of student talent. On Aug. 29, ACE and Seventh Street Café partnered to present a late night music event. Justin Eyster ’17  performed under the name “Apparitions of Myself.”

Eyster has previously released three albums and is in the process of recording his fourth. His work, which ranges across multiple different musical styles, is available to listen or purchase online.

This particular concert was open to everyone and was well attended by students who enjoyed getting a taste of the student music scene at the University.

“There was a steady stream of students coming in and out enjoying the music over the course of the performance,” said Rose Saville-Iksic, a graduate assistant in the Campus Activities and Programs (CAP) Center in charge of the late night music series.

The Late Night Music Series will be continuing for the rest of the semester, and the schedule of student performers is almost full already. Students can check the message center or the Involvement (IN) Network for alerts about who will be performing each Friday night.

“The Late Night Music Series exists to provide the campus community a unique musical experience where they can hear the variety of students’ musical voices who are developing their own style … or … sharing what speaks to them,” Saville-Iksic said.

Students interested in getting involved with this series in the spring semester can contact Saville-Iksic.

ACE will host another event tomorrow night by hosting comedian Michael Palascak at 9 p.m. in the ELC Student Space.