Andy Grammer to headline Fall Fest

Staci Dubow, Contributing Writer

The University’s annual Fall Fest, sponsored by the Campus Activities and Programs (CAP) Center and featuring Andy Grammer as the headliner, will take place Saturday, Sept. 13 on the Sojka Lawn.

Several student performers will precede recording artist Andy Grammer. The free event was planned with help from Bucknell Student Government (BSG) and Activities and Campus Events (ACE).  The event will begin at 2 p.m. and Grammer will take the stage at 7 p.m.

“Andy Grammer seems like the perfect fit for Fall Fest,” DeAnna Bryfogle ’16 said.

The CAP Center will set up multiple stages for attendees to view student performers, poets, and dancers. A set list will be released on Sept. 8.

Fall Fest, while known for its annual musical event, is a full fair of activities and entertainment. When students aren’t watching the performances, they can enjoy the carnival rides or test their luck at the game booths. The event will also feature a dunk tank, tie-dye and screen-printed t-shirts, photo booth, spin art, and a rock wall.

“This will be the biggest Fall Fest yet,” Assistant Director of the CAP Center Chelsea Brown said. Fall Fest will offer a multitude of free food, including apple cider, BBQ, chicken legs, and a six-foot-tall cake. The Flying Bison will make an appearance to deliver some of its specialty treats.

The planning that goes into Fall Fest is heavily influenced by student feedback. The CAP Center has taken many student requests into account this year and expects 1,500-2,000 students to attend.