Campus Life: Christy’s Concert celebrates 20th year

Mae-Emlyn Currie, Contributing Writer

Christy’s 20th annual A Cappella Concert was held on Sept. 26 and 27 in Rooke Chapel. The University’s five a cappella groups performed four songs each.

The Offbeats, which was formed in 2011, was first to perform. Its newest members started off with “Let’s Get it Started” and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” as an introduction. The group also performed “Madness,” “Be OK,” “Ghosts That We Knew,” and “I Want You Back.”

Beyond Unison, which was formed in 2004, performed after them. Its newest members performed popular Disney songs for the audience. The group’s lineup included “Big Yellow Taxi,” “Chandelier,” “We All Need Saving,” and “Come On, Eileen.”

“[I] gained a new family. It has been a great experience, and I’m looking forward to the next four years in Beyond Unison,” Patrick Newhart ’18 said.

The University’s only all-female group, The Silhouettes, which has been around for over 30 years, were next. The newest members used “Rock With You” as their introduction. Afterwards, the group sang “Don’t Wake Me Up,” “Happy,” “Oh Darling,” and an ABBA medley.

The final co-ed group to appear was Two Past Midnight. Its new members sang a mash-up of “Shake It Off,” “That’s Not My Name,” and “Lipgloss.” The group as a whole performed “I Will Find You,” “Landslide,” “Stay With Me,” and “Still of the Night.”

The Bison Chips, the only all-male group, performed last. The newest boys did a short skit for the crowd before the rest of the members joined. Their lineup included “Roll to Me,” “Sunday Morning,” “Evil Woman,” and “Coney Island Baby.

“The Bison Chips has been an incredible addition to my freshman year,” Will Frost ’18 said. “The Chips are an amazing group of men who would do anything for each other.”