Late night music: Rebecca Fritsch and Jackie Carosotto

Rachel Chou, Assistant Campus Life Editor

Students gathered to hear a live performance by Rebecca Fritsch ’15 and Jackie Carosotto ’15 as a part of the Activities and Campus Events (ACE) Late Night Music Series on Oct. 17. The duo met their first year and have been singing together ever since. While this was their first time doing a live performance, the two pulled it off well despite a few mishaps.

“We came up with most of the harmonies on our own and neither of us is a music major. Also, this was our first time performing together in public and one of very few times I have ever performed like that. We definitely had a couple of blips and mistakes, but we had great support so it didn’t discourage us too much,” Fritsch said.

Many of the songs that they covered were in the singer-songwriter and alternative genres. Artists whose songs they covered included Ingrid Michaelson, Of Monsters and Men, and Sara Bareilles. They also covered a few songs outside those genres, such as “Something Bad” by Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert and “Heartbreaker” by Pat Benatar. During the show they took requests from the audience and covered a few pop songs such as “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor and “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift.

“I think it is special how our voices blend so well together; we are able to come up with harmonies to songs seamlessly since I have a lower range and she has an upper range. We are both seniors–this is actually my last semester, so singing with her is definitely something that I will never forget when reflecting on my Bucknell experience,” Carosotto said.

Sometimes we forget in this academic setting that many of our fellow peers have hidden artistic talents, and the Late Night Music Series helps to bring these talents to light.

“It’s good that we have student performances because it showcases the talent of fellow Bucknellians,” Ken Li ’16 said.

The next performance in the Late Night Music Series is on Oct. 24 and will feature the Bucknell Jazz Collective.