“The Buried Life” cast to join fall concert festivities

Siobhan Murray, Staff Writer

The Concert Committee announced that cast members of MTV’s “The Buried Life” are coming to campus on Oct. 25 as part of the Chance the Rapper and Jason Derulo concert.

The cast has been traveling with Chance the Rapper’s “Verge Tour.” The Buried Life will host an Interactive Village featuring 10 tents with giveaways on the Sojka lawn from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and then members will lead a lecture about the TV show and their experiences from 4:30 to 5 p.m.

[Cast members] will be talking about their mission: to complete a list of “100 Things To Do Before You Die” and to help encourage others to go after their own lists, Concert Committee member Jake Perlmutter ’15 said.

“The cast is still contributing to their cause in ways beyond television … by touring college campuses and different venues to help communities around the country realize their own goals,” CAP Center Assistant Director Chelsea Brown said.

Brown said that there will be a blend of both serious and comical moments in the lecture.

“The Concert Committee is very fortunate to have the Buried Life coming to campus … we encourage those planning on attending the concert to attend,” Perlmutter said.

Cast members Duncan Penn, Jonnie Penn, Ben Nemtin, and Dave Lingwood traversed the country to complete their bucket lists during each episode. Their ideas have become well-known in their New York Times best-selling book “What Do You Want to Do Before You Die?”