Audrey Dotson ’15

Madeline Diamond, News Editor

Audrey Dotson ’15 is the co-captain of the women’s basketball team and is preparing to lead the Bison through another successful season for her final year at the University. At the same time, she is completing her studies as a double major in economics and political science.

Dotson, who played both basketball and volleyball in high school, said that both athletics and academics played a role in her decision to choose the University.  

“I knew I wanted to be part of a competitive basketball program as well as have a challenging academic experience. Bucknell allows me to do both,” she said.

Dotson noted the difficulty of balancing academics and athletics, although she credits getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night and eating well with giving her the energy she needs for her busy schedule.

“Practice and athletics take a lot of energy and I know I won’t perform well in either if I’m not taking care of myself,” she said.

While the women’s basketball team is focused on their upcoming season, the team also values each player’s academics.

“My team knows how important academics are and works really hard because of it. Whether it’s getting tutored, or tutoring someone else, the girls on my team know how to work hard on and off the court. We provide a lot of support to each other in certain classes and encourage each other to get tutors and go see professors on a regular basis,” Dotson said.