Department of Theatre and Dance presents Fall Dance Showcase

Danielle Agostini, Staff Writer

On Nov. 14 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 15 at 2 p.m., the Department of Theatre and Dance will proudly present the 2014 Fall Dance Showcase. The show is directed by Liz Higgins ’15 and Emily Meringolo ’16, and will take place in the Harvey M. Powers Theatre.

The showcase features a variety of pieces, including ones choreographed by students, professors, and professional guest artists. Associate Professor of Dance Kelly Knox will be performing a piece, and the show will also feature an Irish step dancing piece. Many more recognizable University students will be dancing in class performances by Jazz I, Ballet I, as well as traditional Chinese water sleeves with choreography by Professor of Dance Er-Dong Hu. The Bisonettes will also make an appearance.

Those involved in the production have been working hard all semester in preparation, especially the students who are dancing and choreographing.

“Having the pleasure of working on both sides of the Fall Dance Showcase as a choreographer and a dancer has made this semester so memorable,” Madison McKenna ’16 said.

Tickets are currently available at the box office as well as online.

“I’m really excited to be performing in the showcase again this year! I love having the opportunity to be in student, faculty, and residential pieces this semester,” Rachel Fernandes ’16 said.