Women’s rowing races to finals in Knecht Cup

Samantha Woolford, Senior Writer

On April 11-12, the Bison women’s rowing team traveled to West Windsor, N.J. to compete at the Knecht Cup. All six Bison boats that participated made it to the final rounds of competition. Two boats raced in the grand finals, and the remaining four raced in the petite final of their respective events. In the petite finals, three out of the four boats placed first. The remaining boat finished in second place.

The two boats that made it to the grand finals were second varsity eight and novice eight “A.” The second varsity eight came in second place on Saturday in its heat and second in the semifinals on Sunday. In the grand final race, it came in sixth.

There were two novice boats that raced on April 12, and the Orange and Blue’s “A” boat made it the grand final, placing fourth.

“The program had a strong showing at Knecht Cup with some grand final appearances as well as a few petite final finishes. Overall, as a team, we are getting stronger every day and working harder to improve,” Mclean Doran ’18 said.

Doran was in the freshman eight “A” boat, sitting in the seven seat, along with her teammates Mikaela Schaller ’18 (cox), Stephanie Larkin ’18 (8), Kelly Bowman ’18 (6), Carly Hochman ’18 (5), Anna Millar ’18 (4), Allison Mascioli ’18 (3), Elaney Marcotte ’18 (2), and Annina Ruggirello ’18 (1).