Student collaboration brings Bison Sound festival to campus

Brianna Marshall, Senior Writer

The first annual Bison Sound event will bring the music festival experience to Lewisburg on April 18 from 4-9 p.m on Sojka Lawn. Headliners include Great Good Fine Ok, Mainland, and The Rooks. Student performers will be featured as opening acts.  The event is free and open to all University students.

The spring music and arts festival is the result of efforts from various student groups and organizations, including Bucknell Student Government (BSG), Activtities & Campus Events (ACE), Common Ground, Concert Committee, The Bucknellian, Uptown, Outdoor Education & Leadership, and Campus Vinyl. Additional support was provided by the President’s Office in order to make this first-time event a success.

Organizers have found ways to bring festival vibes to campus well beyond musical performances. Food will be available all day with a Beer Garden for students who are 21 and over open from 6-9 p.m. Lawn games and blanket seating will also be provided to help capture the feeling of a large-scale music festival.

“Bison Sound should have a true festival feel—like, feet in the grass, sun going down on Sojka, music in the wind, s’mores in hand, friends nearby,” Ashley Sandonato ’17 said. 

The Rooks are making their second appearance at the University following their debut at last semester’s Campus Vinyl Uptown concert. The New York City-based indie soul band is set to perform at 6 p.m. with performances by Mainland and Great Good Fine Ok following at 7 and 8 p.m., respectively.

“We’ve really been working hard to create an event that will be appealing to a wide range of people,” Sandonato said. “I could see this becoming a really nice Bucknell spring tradition.