Bucknellians Get Ready For Fall

Shira Tarlo, Staff Writer

The most wonderful time of the year may be upon the University. The students are celebrating the leaves turning, the cooler temperatures, and the arrival of all things pumpkin spiced.

Fall is a time for new beginnings and opportunities. The commencement of midterms causes students to feel extra positive, motivated, and determined to study.

Fall is not just a time to return to the daily grind of academics. Many television programs and digital podcasts return with new episodes, allowing students to find ways to relax outside of the classroom.  

“Season 2 of NPR’s ‘Serialpodcast is coming out!” Naama Kipperman ’17 said.

Livi Somkuti ’18 is looking forward to the leaves changing colors and finally being able to break out her favorite fall sweaters.

“I like autumn because when I see people trip, I can make fall puns,” Shyla Lintz ’18 said.

Many students celebrate the season by engaging in off-campus events, such as Lewisburg’s Woolly Worm Festival, which features worm observations, worm experts, food, and music.

The Lewisburg Farmers Market, open every Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., is beginning to sell specialty fall foods, like Honeycrisp apples and pumpkins.

Many students enjoy visiting the local Ard’s Farm during the fall season, as the farm will be re-opening its corn maze and offering hayrides to its pumpkin patch in preparation for Halloween.