Professors You May Know

Avid Khorramian, Senior Editor

Name: Erica Gene Delsandro

Department: Women’s and Gender Studies

Alma Mater/Major: “I am a Bucknell alumna who majored in English Literature and History.”

When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?: “When I was young I wanted to be the President of the United States, a news anchor, member of the women’s national soccer team, and a physicist. Not all at once, of course!”

Why Bucknell? “I had a great experience as a student here and when the opportunity arose to return to Bucknell as a faculty member, I jumped at the chance. My professors had an immeasurable impact on my intellectual and personal development; teaching at Bucknell is my way of saying thank you and paying it forward.”

Name: Seth Orsborn

Department: Markets, Innovation, and Design

Alma Mater/Major: University at Buffalo and Carnegie Mellon University; Mechanical Engineering

When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? “I think it changed back and forth between a public servant and some kind of scientist.”

Why Bucknell? “This is a unique school where you can get a high quality liberal arts education and technical knowledge all within a small, yet strong, community. I’m thrilled to be part of that.”

Name: Hiram L. Smith

Department: Spanish

Alma Mater: University of New Mexico, B.A. in Languages and M.A. in Hispanic Linguistics; Pennsylvania State University, Ph.D in Hispanic Linguistics

When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? “When I was young, I wanted to travel and see things. My mom was a military brat who had lived in places like Italy and Germany, and she would teach me how to count and so on in these languages, so I knew that I wanted to do something with languages from a young age.”

Why Bucknell? “Bucknell is a great place to work because it has an excellent and driven student body. I also enjoy the support I have received from my colleagues in the Spanish department and across campus. They really make you feel at home.”

Name: Erica Gene Delsandro

Department: Women’s and Gender Studies

Name: Seth Orsborn

Name: Hiram L. Smith

Department: Spanish