Chatty Kat-y: An Open Letter to Domino’s on Route 15

Kat Sokirka, Columnist

Lately I feel like my Facebook feed has been bombarded with these “open letter” articles. I never really understood the purpose of these articles, but I began to think about who I feel deserves such a letter—maybe someone who deserves more appreciation. I decided to dedicate my article this week to Domino’s Pizza. Not just any Domino’s, but the store I hold near and dear to my heart: the one on Route 15, near Peebles and Big Lots.

Dear Domino’s on Route 15,

I know we’ve had our fair share of ups and downs, but no relationship is perfect. Maybe I’m naïve in thinking we could last forever, but what’s stopping us? Pizza Hut? Papa John’s? No, I would never. We need to be able to trust one another and I think that’s something we need to work on. Remember last St. Patrick’s Day, when you said you would come in 45 minutes, but you stood me up for three and a half hours? I do. I remember the pain that it caused me. I felt like the person I trusted most just stomped on my heart. I’m at fault, too. Maybe I should tip a little more or hold a lengthier awkward conversation while you slowly take the boxes out of the delivery warmer. We both need to work on things if we want this to last, but let’s not forget about all the good times we’ve had.

Remember when you used to have that amazing coupon on the Domino’s app? One medium, one-topping pizza, Parmesan bread bites, and Cinna Stix for $10, $12.78 with tax and delivery charge? I do. I want to thank you for saving me that money and catering to my needs and wants. In that moment, I knew we were meant to be together forever. I even remember that time when you gave me an extra icing cup. I knew you did that on purpose, and that you were thinking about my specific order as you were getting 20 massive orders ready to deliver to campus. Sometimes you would even show up in 30 minutes when you said you may be close to an hour. Whenever I’m having a bad day and nothing seems to be going right, I know I can always count on you to deliver.

Thanks for everything and see you later (probably this weekend).