Bucknell receives high marks from ‘U.S. News & World Report 2024 Best Colleges’
Bucknell Student Government election winners share goals for upcoming year
Has Olivia Rodrigo entered a new era, or is GUTS just an extension of SOUR?
A Bucknellian’s guide to being Kenough

A Bucknellian’s guide to being Kenough

September 22, 2023

Bucknell’s Lopez wins State Museum of Pennsylvania Competition

September 22, 2023

Platt and King torch opponents as Bison roll at Carnegie Mellon Women’s Tennis Invitational

September 22, 2023

Cooking Corner: French Omelet

By Emily Fry

French Omelet

Most people hesitate to make omelets because they are afraid to flip them, but this recipe is fail-proof since there is no need to flip it over. It makes a hearty breakfast or a delicious dinner. You can even change it up every time by trying different fillings; who knows what you can create! Happy cooking!

Ingredients:

Filling (if desired)

2 eggs

2 tbsp water

1/8 tsp salt

Dash of pepper

1 tbsp butter

Directions:

1. Prepare filling, if desired. I typically sauté over medium heat: 1/4 cup chopped zucchini, 1/4 cup chopped red pepper, one clove of garlic (chopped) and one chopped scallion, until the vegetables are soft. Then, still over the heat, I add about one cup fresh spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted. Keep the filling warm until ready to use.

2. Combine eggs, water, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Beat until combined, but not frothy, with a fork.

3. Heat an eight-inch non-stick skillet with flared sides over medium-high heat until hot.

4. Melt butter in the skillet. Add egg mixture to the skillet; lower heat to medium. Immediately begin stirring the eggs gently with a wooden or plastic spatula until the mixture resembles small pieces of cooked egg surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring. Cook for 30-60 seconds more or until the egg mixture is set and shiny.

5. If using filling, spoon the filling across the center. At this point I typically sprinkle my filling with grated parmesan cheese. With a spatula, lift and fold an omelet edge, folding the omelet in half. Transfer the omelet to a plate and serve.

Source: Better Homes and Garden Cookbook