Athlete of the Week: Lindsay Dodovich ’18, women’s golf

Lauren Whelan, Sports Co-Editor

As the women’s golf team begins their season of tournaments, few have found success like Lindsay Dodovich ’18. Dodovich, in her third year on the team, placed first in the team’s most recent tournament, the Bucknell Invitational.

“I felt a true sense of accomplishment when I won the tournament.  I have been working towards this goal for so long, and this felt like it was the accumulation of all my hard work paying off,” Dodovich said. “Even more importantly, I was so proud of our entire team for reclaiming our home tournament title.”

Hailing from Chicago, Dodovich is surely an experienced golfer. A three-time captain of her high school team, Dodovich entered her college career with plenty of honors already under her belt. Over the course of her first three years for the Orange and Blue, Dodvich has become a staple member of the team. She has made some serious contributions across a multitude of tournaments for the Bison. In the spring of 2016, Dodovich averaged a team-best 79.8 for the year, clearly a crucial contributor to the team’s overall success.

It is clear that Dodovich truly values being a team member, and particularly, being a part of the program for the Bison, as her comments reflected her admiration for her teammates.

“My favorite part of my golf career has been being a member of the Bucknell women’s golf team. It is such a great group of girls, and they have all pushed me to become a better player and a better person,” Dodovich said.

Her experience has not always been completely smooth sailing, however, with the pressure of being a student-athlete.

“During my career at Bucknell, my biggest challenge has been learning how to manage my time efficiently to find a good balance between golf and schoolwork. Because of our travel schedule, we are gone for days at a time, it can be difficult to miss classes and complete work on the road when we are in the midst of competing in a tournament,” Dodovich said.

Despite these challenges, however, Dodovich has clearly had her fair share of success. Last spring, Dodovich finished off the year strong with a ninth place finish at the Patriot League Championships. Looking forward, she has high hopes for the team and for her own season as the year continues.

“The ultimate goal for the team this year is to win the Patriot League tournament in the spring. We are using the rest of our tournament schedule to gain experience and to understand what we should work on in order to play better golf, but we are always looking forward to the Patriot League championship,” Dodovich said.

Dodovich and her team hope to be strong contenders for the Championship come this spring.

Stats:
2016- Tied for ninth finish at the Patriot League Championship
2016- All-Patriot League