Beyond the Bison: What to know after NFL week four

Isabelle Hinckley, Senior Writer

The start of October means two big things for University students. First, it’s over a month into school, so skipping class becomes a little more justifiable. Second, the NFL has officially completed week four of its 2016 season and teams are beginning to show their true colors. The first four weeks of the season are often thought of as a continuation of the preseason, and it isn’t until week five that teams figure out their goals for the season.

Here are the top 10 things we know for sure at the end of NFL week four:

The New England Patriots are definitely still crying.

They were shut out for the first time at Gillette Stadium since 1993 last Sunday in a game against the Buffalo Bills.

Tom Brady, however, is probably doing a happy dance right about now.

His suspension is up and he will play on Oct. 9 after being forced to sit out the first four games (flashback to “Deflategate”).

The Carolina Panthers feel as deflated as Brady’s football.

Last year’s Super Bowl runners-up have started their season off rough, 1-3 to be exact.

Things may only get worse for the Panthers…

Quarterback Cam Newton left the game injured against the Atlanta Falcons Oct. 2 and could possibly be out for week five.

Jerry Jones, owner of the Cowboys, needs to find his chill.

The Cowboys continue to spend more money than any other NFL team franchise.

Julio Jones is an absolute beast.

This Atlanta Falcons wide receiver had a 300-yard receiving game against the Panthers on Oct. 2.

Ryan Fitzpatrick needs to pull it together big-time.

Quarterback for the New York Jets has thrown nine interceptions since Sept. 25. This has got to be some kind of record.

Thursday night’s game was nothing but an eye sore.

It is unclear what was more appalling: the Miami Dolphins’ uniforms, or the way they played against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sept. 29.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers can count on one thing, and one thing only: lightning delays.

For the second week in a row, the Buccaneers game was delayed due to weather. Will we ever see a game start on time in Tampa Bay?

Rex Ryan started some trouble with his jabs at the Patriots.

The Buffalo Bills’ head coach seriously stirred the pot with his post-game remarks Oct. 2 after defeating New England on their home turf. Needless to say, he definitely has a sassy side.